AAATE Honourable Members
“Honourable membership” is granted exceptionally by the board to persons that have played a determining role for the AT field in Europe.
- Egidio Ballabio (†2012)
- Inmaculada Placencia-Porrero, Directorate General Employment, Social Affairs, and Equal Opportunities, BE
- Jan Ekberg, STAKES – National Research and Development Centre, FIN
AAATE Diamond holders
The “AAATE diamond-award” is a personal recognition, granted for outstanding work in advancing assistive technology in Europe, within or outside the Association, at international or national level. The award is granted by the board. All AAATE members can nominate individuals for the award by sending a motivated request to the president. Nominees are evaluated every year before the general assembly and awards are presented at the conference, workshop or general assembly that year.
- Cecilia Sik-Lanyi, University of Pannonia, HU
- Niels-Erik Mathiassen, Statped, NO
- Gert Jan Gelderblom, Zuyd University, NL (†2014)
- Luis Azevedo, Technical University of Lisbon, PT
- Klaus Miesenberger, University of Linz, AT
- Peter Cudd, University of Sheffield, UK
- Renzo Andrich, SIVA, IT
- Evert-Jan Hoogerwerf, AIAS Bologna, IT
- Pier-Luigi Emiliani, IFAC-CN, IT
- Jan Engelen, University of Leuven, BE
- Anna-Liisa Salminen, The Social Insurance Institution, FIN
- Thijs Soede, Zuyd University, NL
- Pedro Encarnação, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, PT
Best Paper Award Winners at AAATE conferences
- AAATE Conference 2015
- Best Paper Awarded: J. Lane & V.I. Stone, Level Of Knowledge Use Survey (LOKUS): A validated instrument for tracking knowledge uptake and use. ss p92,
- C. Vincent, D.H. Gagnon et al, Service Dogs for People with Spinal Cord Injury: Outcomes Regarding Functional Mobility and Important Occupations, p847
- L. Izso, I. Szekely, L. Danos, Possibilities of the ErgoScope high fidelity work simulator in skill assessment, skill development and vocational aptitude tests of physically disabled persons, p 825.
- AAATE Conference 2013
- Best Paper Award, sponsored by IOS Press (free open access publication): Mats Lundälv, Sandra Derbring, Annika Brännström, Bengt Farre and Lars Nordberg, Inclusive AAC – Multi-Modal and Multilingual Language Support for All
- Young Researcher Award, sponsored by AAATE (free open access publication): Yuki Yamamoto, Development of Input devices of Electric Wheelchair Considering the Characteristics of the Hand Function of Person with Severe Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Young Researcher Award, honorable mention: Liliana Alvares, The Neurophysiology of Augmented Manipulation: a Method for Technical Implementation.
- AAATE Conference 2011
- Best Paper Awarded: Claude Vincent (Laval University, Department of Rehabilitation, Quebec City, Canada, Centre of Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation and Social Integration), Cynthia Bergeron (Quebec Rehabilitation Institute, Quebec City, Canada), Normand Boucher (Centre of Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation and Social Integration): “Strategies Developed by Parents in Wheelchairs with Children Aged 6 to 12”