Save the date ! The AAATE 2023 Conference will take place in Paris, August 28-September 1st, 2023
More info to come soon on https://aaate2023.eu
July 11-15, 2022. Lecco (Italy)
During the conference a common declaration was signed and released by AAATE, ENIL and UITP: the Lecco Declaration on the advancement of inclusive public transport.
Read and endorse the Declaration!
WE HAVE RENEWED OUR VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
The Association for the advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe (AAATE) is happy to share with you our new Vision and Mission statements.
We envision an inclusive society where assistive and accessible mainstream technologies and universally designed products and services have levelled differences between people in terms of access to opportunities to live the lives they desire.
AAATE wants to be an active player and interdisciplinary collaborative platform uniting organisations and individuals that want to collaborate in making that vision come true.
Our mission is to foster the role of Αssistive Τechnology (ΑΤ) and inclusive design to create a world where all people can equally enjoy their human rights.
We aim to realise this mission by:
- Connecting a variety of stakeholders (people with disabilities of all ages, policymakers, care and technical professionals, industry researchers, educators) in Europe and beyond to collaborate adopting a human rights approach to assistive technology.
- Participating actively in the scientific, political, and cultural debate about the role of technology in creating more inclusive societies in Europe and worldwide.
- Promoting the collaboration of stakeholders to acknowledge responsibility for the development of quality AT service delivery frameworks and educational programmes.
- Fostering the integration of quality AT products, services and methodologies in European policy, practice, research, and education by producing context-specific information, coaching and training.
- Initiating projects to promote socially responsive and responsible research in the field of Αssistive Τechnology, aiming at removing barriers and enabling participation.
- Collecting and disseminating outcomes of European and international research and best practices in Αssistive Τechnology developments.
- Providing opportunities for access to quality information on Assistive Technology and its provision processes.
- Providing opportunities for participation in knowledge development and lifelong learning regarding the multifaceted aspects of technology and disability.
The core values of AAATE are:
Human-centredness: AAATE envisions a world where, Αssistive Τechnology, universal design and accessibility are significant enablers for people to claim and to realize their rights.
Inclusiveness: AAATE actively seeks to promote diversity and equal opportunity for all members and stakeholders in the field of Assistive technology, irrespective of social and cultural background, gender, age, sexual orientation, or cause of disability.
Social responsiveness: AAATE strives to respond to social challenges and to remove barriers to the empowering function of technology for individuals, communities, and inclusive societies.
Interdisciplinarity: AAATE values collaboration across disciplines, both within the Association, as well as across institutions and membership, actively seeking to build networks that exceed the European context.
Collaboration: AAATE strives to maintain open avenues of communication, collaboration, and engagement with the society at large, and other international umbrella organizations in particular, aiming to make a contribution to addressing global challenges.
A repository of selected guidelines, tools and position papers regarding the impact of the Corona crisis on assistive technology users and services.
The Bologna declaration is available in English, Français, Español, Italiano, Português, Ελληνικά (greek), Nederlands and 日本語 (japanese).
Endorsement counter : 694 persons / 156 organisations
Review the results of:
- AAATE 2019 Conference, Global Challenges in Assistive Technology: Research, Policy & Practice, Bologna, Italy, August 27-30
- AAATE 2018 workshop: Excellence in the Process of AT Provision, Linz, Austria, July 10
- AAATE Conference 2017, Sheffield, UK, September 12-15
- AAATE Workshop 2016, Finnish National Institute for Health and Welfare, Helsinki, Finland, June 8-9
- More on AAATE conferences can be found here