“to stimulate the advancement of assistive technology for the benefit of people with disabilities, including elderly people”
The AAATE is the interdisciplinary pan-European association devoted to all aspects of assistive technology, such as use, research, development, manufacture, supply, provision and policy.
Over 250 members from all over Europe and throughout the world currently take part in the AAATE.
You will support the mission of the association, be part of an interdisciplinary network, and receive the particular benefits of membership (e.g. reduced subscription to the AAATE Scientific Journal ; Special rates for conferences, workshops, seminars etc. )
Our Areas of Action
- To create awareness on assistive technology
- To promote research and development of assistive technology
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge within the field
- To disseminate information about assistive technology and related issues
Our main activities
- A major international conference – held every 2 years – on all aspects of assistive technology
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on various topics
- “Technology and Disability”, the official Scientific Journal of AAATE
- Seminars, Workshops and Information events
- A regular Newsletter reserved to members, along with various networking services through the AAATE website
- A network of national contacts throughout Europe
- Co-operation on wider international level with key organisations in the field : Global Alliance of Assistive Technology Professional Organisations with RESNA (North America), RESJA (Japan), ARATA (Australia), RESKO (Korea) and TREATS
An Association Driven by its Members
The AAATE is a non-profit organisation. It is an organisation of and for its members and relies on their efforts to put its mission into practice. All individuals supporting the mission of the AAATE as reflected by the constitution can become members. The Board is elected by the members at the annual assembly.