AAATE 2018 workshop: Call for contributions – archive
You are invited to submit extended abstracts of 400-1000 words in total. Our submission template guides you in constructing your abstract and will aid the selection panel in choosing accepted submissions for spoken, poster or discussion contributions.
It is essential that submissions include a summary of the relevant AT provision process. The greatest preference will be given to those submissions that are based on audit or scientific study of AT provision. Evidence from service delivery experiences are as valuable as objective scientific studies. The more contexts (education/employment, social and/or health) and/or more ATs that a submission is relevant to the better. However highly successful approaches in specific contexts or scenarios will still be considered.
Some of the benefits of contributing on AT provision across contexts whether a technology, service or policy researcher or innovator, AT practitioner, service commissioner or manager, or represent end users of AT and AT services are:
- learning about best practice in AT provision;
- greater understanding of contexts;
- increasing cross context knowledge – hence personal capacity to share and understand shared cross context information; and,
- opportunities to influence discussions.
For specific inclusion of AT provision in low and middle income countries in a global approach it is likely that there will be less directly relevant well evidenced audits and studies to draw on. In this strand abstracts that articulate the challenges and those that propose strategies for dealing with challenges are welcome. One example strategy of interest would be bridging quality in AT provision with existing standards to inform the evolution of service provision.
Some of the benefits of contributing on Global AT provision are suggested strategies to deliver AT with:
- low cost and locally supportable solutions;
- staff, carer and user training; appropriate selection of model of delivery (commodity vs facilitated);
- appropriate logistics and infrastructure; and,
- appropriate policies.
Please follow the submission format : Workshop-Template.rtf
- Submissions by 30th April
- Decision by 14th May
- Programme by 24th May
- Registrations until 30th June
Submit your contribution
- For contributing you need to register here: http://www.icchp.org/registration-18
- As a registered user you can submit here: http://www.icchp.org/add-new-abstract (under “My submissions”)